Pages

Wednesday 5 August 2020

Blog Post Two: The Akomanga Kaihanga Showcase: Team Island Skittles


On Thursday 23rd July from 5pm - 7pm, you and your team presented to an audience of parents, staff and stakeholders your projects.  If you were away for any of it, you need to talk to members of your team to help you with your blogpost - your blogpost could be interview questions and answers of your team about the showcase (see example at the end).


In your SHOWCASE  blog post, you need to include the following:



Questions 

Write your blogpost here! 

  • Describe the order of events.  Discuss the speeches and waiata at the start of the evening.  How do you think it went?

  • Describe your part in the presentations.  What did you do? What were the order in presentation?  What did your team members do?

  • What was the atmosphere like (to you)? 

  • Do you think the audience understood your message? What feedback did you get on your presentation from the audience?

Reflection

  • What did you do well? What did you team do well?

  • What would you want to do differently next time? Why?

  • Overall, how did you feel about the showcase?  What did you learn from the whole process of planning and presenting about yourself? 

  • What capabilities did you learn? Explain your answer.

  • What advice would you give to yourself if you could turn back time to before the planning and presentations.

  • If I’m describing the events I would say in one work was perfect because the speech and the waiata at the start of that evening was very good because we make an effort of it and we make our parents proud and they will always support us no matter what is our decision in our life.

  • In my part of our presentation, I did the speech and I also helped my team. The order in our presentation was Mary was presenting the whole team, David was talking about the challenges that we did, then Leanah and Paikea was doing our planning which is behind the scenes, then Mathew was doing the Outcomes and the last one was me so I’m doing the Reflection and the capabilities that we gained.

  • Atmosphere was like to me as I did my best and I’m doing everything to help my parents.

  • I’m sure that the audience likes/loves our presentation. The feedback that we got for our presentation that was from the audience was good and many more (but I can’t remember some of the feedback).

Reflection

  • While we are presenting our group project we did our best even though we are nervous and we work as a team and that’s the team that went well for all of us.

  • For me what I want to do differently next time is having a music club because I know that every child/children have good voices and they can do more better if they try to do the music club.

  • Overall, I feel that I’m happy and proud because we really did our best, we never give up and if I’m given a chance we would like to do is music club next time because we all have good voice that the others don’t know about.

  • The capabilities that I learned were cooperation because as a team we always need to cooperate with a group and work together.

  • If I’m giving myself advice it would be never give up and if I know what I want, I will achieve it and I will be goal oriented. My other advice is that let’s all fight our problems and always think positive because God has blessings that they always give to us.

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Cherryanne, My name is Mahana , I am a year six at Paihia School. I enjoyed reading your Blog Post Two about: The Akomanga Kaihanga Showcase: Team Island Skittles. I like how you took your time and added all the information you could. I also commented on your Akomanga Kaihanga Showcase: Team Island Skittles blog post one. I was wondering how you got all your information?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Cherryanne, my name is Autumn and I am a year seven student at Paihia Primary School. I really enjoyed your ‘Team Island Skittles Team’ post. Something I liked about your post was that you answered all of the questions in full sentences instead of just one or two words! Another thing I liked about you post was that you wrote a small paragraph at the top saying what you and your class had to do. I’ve never done a blog post like this before!
    What other activities did you do?
    Make sure to keep up the great work and when you have time don’t forget to check out my blog at: http://psautumnw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Cherry, my name is Mark. I am a year seven student at Paihia School. Your post was really long to read but it was interesting on how you put questions on the other side and the answers on the other side of the questions. I also liked how you added a little paragraph on top of your post on what you and your class had to do. What kind of activities did you do?

    ReplyDelete